Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (KY): West Louisville FoodPort is food economy-boosting architectural stunner
In West Louisville, a part of town ravaged by high unemployment rates and where a fast-food cheeseburger is infinity easier to secure than a head of broccoli, plans have just been unveiled for an ambitious new project that jubilates and promotes regional agriculture while also tackling serious issues such as food insecurity in the surrounding community.
An overhead view of OMA's master plan for the brownfield site-transforming West Louisville FoodPort. (All renderings: OMA)
Dubbed West Louisville FoodPort, the project is the brainchild of Seed Capital KY, a nonprofit with the mission to “catalyze the success and resilience of Kentucky’s regional agriculture and regional food economy.” To be erected on a vacant 24-acre parcel along West Muhammad Ali Boulevard, the West Louisville FoodPort is one part razzle-dazzle adaptive reuse project, one part farmers market on steroids — a regional ag theme park with heavy emphases on education, commerce and environmental sustainability.
Publication date: 2/25/2015
Other news in this sector: