Job offersmore »
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Japanese venture unveils plans for large scale semi-closed greenhouse
- "LED has potential to end use of pesticides in farming"
- US: MedMen's first investment fund raises more than $60 million
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- What breeding innovations are up for tomatoes in the next decade?
Exchange ratesmore »
Israel: BGU researchers partner with EU countries on pepper harvesting robot
Researchers from Ben-Gurion University are teaming up with European partners to develop the first market- ready sweet pepper harvesting robot.
The robot, which will be the first harvesting robot in the world to operate in a commercial greenhouse, is being developed under the European Union’s Sweeper program, which aims to put the first generation of harvesting robots on the market. Sweeper’s target market for now is the sweet pepper, of which 1.3 million metric tons are harvested in Europe annually, the project partners said.
The program, coordinated by Wageningen University and Research Center in the Netherlands, involves a network of international partners from Israel, Sweden, Belgium and the Netherlands. Supported by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 program, the partnership involves universities, research institutes, a system integrator and a large sweet pepper grower, the partners said.
Publication date: 3/4/2015
Other news in this sector: