Job offersmore »
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Israel: BGU researchers partner with EU countries on pepper harvesting robot
Researchers from Ben-Gurion University are teaming up with European partners to develop the first market- ready sweet pepper harvesting robot.
The robot, which will be the first harvesting robot in the world to operate in a commercial greenhouse, is being developed under the European Union’s Sweeper program, which aims to put the first generation of harvesting robots on the market. Sweeper’s target market for now is the sweet pepper, of which 1.3 million metric tons are harvested in Europe annually, the project partners said.
The program, coordinated by Wageningen University and Research Center in the Netherlands, involves a network of international partners from Israel, Sweden, Belgium and the Netherlands. Supported by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 program, the partnership involves universities, research institutes, a system integrator and a large sweet pepper grower, the partners said.
Publication date: 3/4/2015
Other news in this sector: