Job offersmore »
- Museum Scientist - Davis, United States (CA)
- Greenhouse Controls Technician - Australia
- Agent d’assurance en France
- Propagation Grower (Delta, BC)
- EXPORT AREA MANAGER NORTH WEST EUROPE
- Farm Manager - France
- Customer oriented Technical representative North America
- Agriculture Consultant - Vietnam
- International Sales Manager - Global
- Sales Representative - Kingsville, Canada (ON)
Last commentsmore »
- Italy: Less strawberries but of better quality (1)
- Storm creates 4 hectare rooftop greenhouse in Holland (2)
- De Cloet delivers structures for Guelph tunnel research (1)
- Ireland: Tomato plants ‘converted’ themselves’ into cannabis (1)
- Colombian flower growers working hard on reputation (1)
- Mildew prevention in lettuce culture with Intra Hydrocare (1)
- Exclusive deal Village Farms and Florida Organic Farms (1)
- Bahamas receives Aquaponics Training Seminar (1)
- Kenya: Innovations galore at Eldoret show, as greenhouse 'fish ponds' wow visitors (3)
- HortiMaX launches MultiMa 2015 and Synopta 4 (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Storm creates 4 hectare rooftop greenhouse in Holland
- Big fraud investigation in Dutch flower industry
- $9 billion potential of Indoor Agriculture Industry
- Video : Take a peak inside the greenhouse of one of the largest growers in Holland
- "DR0141TX perfect rootstock for cultivation in our Ultra Clima greenhouse"
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Expanding bioenergy outreach, education and project development
New York State Wood Energy Team secures support from USDA Forest ServiceUnited States Department of Agriculture/USDA Secretary Tom Vilsack has announced the New York State Wood Energy Team, led by the Empire State Forestry Foundation with support from the New York Biomass Energy Alliance, as one of 11 teams receiving cooperative agreements from the USDA Forest Service.
In New York, the Forest Service funding of $250,000, which leverages additional state and private investment, will be used to develop and hold workshops to provide technical, financial and environmental information; offer preliminary engineering assessments; and conduct community outreach needed to support the development of wood energy projects.
Successful applications for projects will receive technical assistance to access additional financing for design and construction from the Forest Service, the USDA, and the New York State Green Bank, among other sources.
‘The investment from the Forest Service will allow for a substantial outreach and education campaign that will support the existing bioenergy industry and New York State programs, such as Renewable Heat NY, by raising awareness and understanding of this local, affordable, renewable source of energy,’ says Alice Brumbach, executive administrator of the New York Biomass Energy Alliance. ’The New York State Wood Energy Team of dedicated and talented individuals from across the state and region will be working very hard over the next three years to move bioenergy to a mainstream renewable energy option for New Yorkers.’
The New York State Wood Energy Team will begin its outreach and education campaign over the next few months in the Catskill Region, the North Country and the Southern Tier. Contact Alice Brumbach for more information on how you can become involved.
In addition to the Empire State Forestry Foundation and the New York Biomass Energy Alliance, the New York State Wood Energy Team consists of the Adirondack North Country Association, Catskill Forest Association, Clarkson University, Farm Credit East, Mesa Reduction Engineering & Processing, NYS Department of Environmental Conservation, Northern Forest Center, Richmond Energy Associates, Rick Handley & Associates, Southern Tier East Regional Planning Development Board, SUNY College of Environmental Science & Forestry, Tompkins County Cornell Cooperative Extension, and Yellow Wood Associates.
The advisory board to the New York State Wood Energy Team includes the New York Farm Viability Institute, NYS Department of Ag & Markets, NY Farm Bureau, New York State Wood Products Development Council, Finger Lakes National Forest, and USDA Forest Service.
To see the full list of states receiving Statewide Wood Energy Team cooperative agreements from the Forest Service, go to www.fs.fed.us/na/grants/index.shtml.
Publication date: 7/17/2014
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.